If a picture paints a thousand words, how many words can a video paint?
Assuming a single video stream with 30 frames per second (fps), by viewing a 30-second promotional video could paint 900,000 words!
30-Second Video (30fps) = 30 Sec X 30 Pictures X 1000 Words = 900,000 Words!
No wonder videos are considered to be the most compelling avenue to tell story – also the most convincing way to deliver a business advertisement.
Here are million reasons why you must promote the use of online video marketing for business online advertisement campaigns! No, just kidding, I can only give you a dozen…
12 Reasons Why You Should Create Videos for Your Business Online Marketing:
Want to make a video for your business, but not sure if it would work? Here are the reasons why videos are important in online marketing:
- Videos are the fastest growing media platform, and they will continue to grow at an accelerated rate in the next few years.
- Marketers get the best results through using online videos because their target demographic is most likely on the internet and already viewing videos.
- Video marketing is a rapidly-growing technique for increasing brand recognition and loyalty.
- Videos enable clients to visually communicate their purpose and the solutions they offer.
- Videos are easy to create and upload. You can easily promote through social networking sites, blogs, emails and forums.
- Individuals are likely to buy products from a video demonstration than from a merely “read text” website.
- Over 800 million unique users visit video related sites each month.
- Moving pictures are the most compelling way to tell a story.
- Videos dominate universal search.
- Video marketing lets your audience see and hear you in ways other advertising methods just cannot match.
- Videos for websites can quickly become viral and create huge exposure for your website or product.
- With social media consuming large amounts of people’s spare time, video marketing fits this trend perfectly.
Now that you have all the reasons and motivations to include online video marketing as one of your business ads, you need to know the 4 aspects of creating an effective online video marketing campaign. These are:
- Creating a Compelling Video Content
- Optimizing a Video
- Promoting a Video
- Analyzing Video “Viral”-ness
I. Creating a Compelling Video Content
A video is also another form of content – the same way as articles, blogs, press release, and infographics. The good thing about video is that you can combine both text and images in your video story while your viewers are sitting back. The challenging part of creating a video is to capture audience attention starting from the intriguing title and catchy introduction. So, how do you create a compelling video story?:
- Pick an Interesting Business Story – for higher chances of “uniqueness” factor.
- Establish the purpose of your video – how does your target audience benefit from it?
- Organize the flow of content/information in your video – avoid giving time for your target audience to think twice on viewing your video further. Make every second interesting.
- Make your audience happy. Reinforce the benefits they could get from viewing your video.
- Verify information mentioned in your video. Every detail must be found true. The credibility of your business lies in it.
- Having a compelling video content means half of the battle is won. So take a careful consideration on what to put on every frame of your video.
II. Optimizing a Video
Every video is optimized depending on where it will be uploaded. If it will be hosted in your business website, add a rich snippet on what the video is all about. You can refer to Schema.Org for proper video micro-format documentation. If the video is uploaded via video-sharing sites like YouTube or Vimeo, there are important fields to fill in order to fully optimize the video for search and social media purposes.
Regardless of where it will be hosted, as every video has a story, it should also have a magnetic title – attracting target audience to click and watch the video. The title should capture their attention. Other factors in optimizing a video include the following:
- Video Quality
- Video Size
- Easy-Sharing Options (ready embed code)
III. Promoting a Video
Video promotion is a process of maximizing the reach of your video – which will be reflected on the number of views. But it can be a hell of a job since your video should be present in every channel where your target audience is found.
Social Media is a Friend
In promoting videos, social media sites can be of great help to reach your target market. Sharing your video link to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn allows you to achieve the goals of your video marketing campaign.
Embed the Video in a Blog
If your website draws a constant number of visitors, with returning visitors as your most avid fans, then make sure to include your videos on your blog posts. You can also add social media sharing buttons for them to readily share your video on their social media profiles.
Embed the Video in a Press Release
Well, your video is a business story you want to share to your target customers. So why not make it act as a press release as well? There are lots of press release networks available online so your story could reach straight to your customer’s email or search.
Email Your Video to Your Subscribers
If you have a number of satisfied and loyal customers, sending them your video story won’t really annoy them. In fact, they might even make free publicity of your video for you.
There can be a number of ways to promote your video online – paid or free, SEO or social media. But what matters the most is that your video has reached to your target customers, and that they’re happy to have your video posted.
IV. Analyze Video “Viral”-ness
A few years ago, a viral video can be defined as those videos reaching a million hits. But getting a million views can be so easy these days now that video views can be purchased. So, viral videos can be modified as something like having 5 million views in a span of 3-5 days. Number is just an indicator, analyzing these numbers can help you understand if your online video marketing is a success or a fail. Better determine the answers to the following questions when measuring the success of your online video marketing campaign:
- Where did the views come from? Are they coming from referral websites, or search results, or social media shares?
- Who is watching the videos? What age bracket watched the most? What country are they from?
- How many of the viewers are converted as leads? How many leads are converted as actual customers?
In business sense, “viral”-ness can then be relatively defined as the considerable number of views from your target customers. In measuring ROI for your online video marketing, you can certainly evaluate its success rate. Does your video convert leads as customers? Does this number of customers more than enough to cover up the cost in producing your video?
On the Summary. . .
Online video marketing is not just a simple “create-a-video” task. You have to make sure that it will bring significant impact for your business. It should start with an interesting story with catchy title (to maximize the click-through rate or CTR). Your video story is 50% of the online video marketing campaign. Optimizing your video (on-site or off-site) and promoting your video via SEO, social media or paid ads sum up of the rest 50%. The success of your online video marketing still simply lies on the number of customers it has drawn for your business.